Clinton’s first library was housed in Rundle Hall, over Rundle’s Meat Market, in 1901. Today, the new Vespasian Warner Public Library District, established in 1989, encompasses the townships of Barnett, Harp, Texas, Creek, Clintonia and DeWitt. An addition to the building was completed in 1992. After almost a century of service, the library continues to expand its facilities to meet the growing needs of the community.
Its current collection includes 52,000+ books, 2,000 videos, 230 newspaper and magazine subscriptions, CDs and more. Several meeting rooms are available to local groups; the library also offers year ’round children’s and adult’s programs; Internet access and many other services.
Vespasian Warner Public Library Phone Number: 217-935-5174